Kenneth Reiher, VP Operations at ComplyAssistant once said “Many organizations have a difficult time tracking their vendor relationships, let alone their implemented security controls. I recommend a strong third-party management program to complete the following: Organize all vendor relationships and associated contacts, assign an inherent risk level to each vendor based on their access to your data, create and send an information security risk assessment to all of your inherently high-risk vendors, and evaluate their controls with respect to the data accessed.”
So in that spirit, for the 46th episode of the CIO podcast hosted by Healthcare IT Today, we sat down with Francois Bodhuin, AVP and CISO at Inspira Health to discuss cybersecurity and managing third-party risk. We dive into the biggest challenges health systems are facing today in cybersecurity and what Bodhuin is doing to fix them. Next, Bodhuin shares how he approaches cybersecurity and third-party risks. Then Bodhuin shares some tips for getting your organization’s leadership on board with your cybersecurity efforts. We also talk about disaster recovery and business continuity when it comes to a cybersecurity breach. Lastly, Bodhuin passes on the best career advices he’s ever gotten.
Here’s a look at the questions and topics we discuss on this episode:
- What do you see as the biggest challenges health systems are facing today when it comes to cybersecurity?
- What are you doing to address those challenges?
- How are you approaching cybersecurity when it comes to third-party risk?
- What tips do you have for getting leadership on board with your cybersecurity efforts?
- How are you looking at disaster recovery and business continuity when it comes to a cybersecurity disaster (i.e. breach)?
- What’s the best piece of career advice you’ve been given?
To listen to the CIO Podcast by Healthcare IT Today click here.