An organization’s approach to governance, risk, and compliance can have a huge effect on business. In today’s world of cyber breaches and ransomware attacks on companies of all sizes and scope, organizational leaders must work together to ensure their approach to GRC is intact. No longer should IT staff assume sole responsibility for determining the best strategy. In this article, we break down GRC and share the latest frameworks incorporated into our GRC software at ComplyAssistant.
What Is GRC?
GRC is an acronym for “Governance, Risk, and Compliance.” Developed by the Open Compliance and Ethics Group (OCEG) in the early 2000s, GRC is “the integrated collection of capabilities that enable an organization to reliably achieve objectives, address uncertainty and act with integrity.”
Anyone working in the healthcare IT space has most likely heard of GRC. Whether you’re a rural hospital operating with less than 100 beds or a large public health system with more than 500, it is essential for everyone in the organization to make sure they adhere to the latest national, regional and local cybersecurity standards.
How ComplyAssistant’s GRC Software Is Different
ComplyAssistant’s GRC software is designed to meet the latest regulations set forth on federal, state, and local levels. Our technology enables members of your organization to have a centralized, organized source of truth for all your documents regardless of the security frameworks and compliance regulations you choose.
One of the benefits of working with our team is that we stay up to date on all the latest developments in this space. You can rest easy knowing that your organization has the latest industry standards available within our GRC software.
Newest Frameworks and Features
We are constantly working behind the scenes to update our software with the latest frameworks and capabilities that are most relevant to your organization. Our newest offerings include:
- HICP: Health Industry Cybersecurity Practices (HICP) developed under HR 7898, was signed into law on January 5, 2021. It serves as a “cookbook” for small, medium and large organizations to create and implement consistent “recognized security practices” (RSPs). HICP focuses on the top threats faced by the healthcare industry today and offers specific practices to mitigate those threats.
- Risk Register: Designed in conjunction with HICP, our Risk Register uses the threats and controls outlined above to help organizations maintain best RSPs. This module documents current processes within the organization and identifies controls, gaps, plans, compliance levels, risk levels and follow-up tasks.
- CMMC: The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) is designed to review and combine various cybersecurity standards and best practices, while mapping these controls and processes across mature levels ranging from basic to advanced cyber hygiene. ComplyAssistant allows users access to CMMC custom assessment questions that feed directly into our Regulation Management module.
- SOC 2: SOC 2 is an auditing procedure that ensures service providers securely manage data to protect data and privacy. This is based on five principles: security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy. ComplyAssistant allows users access to SOC 2 assessment questions that feed directly into our Regulation Management module.
- And More: Interested in any of the frameworks and capabilities mentioned above? Visit our security frameworks for a full list of our frameworks and let us help you get started meeting your GRC goals today. If the framework you’re looking for is not listed, know that our team can add more upon request.
Need More Resources on GRC Software?
Want to learn more about our GRC software capabilities and how we can help keep your organization safe? Visit the links below to learn more:
- Breaking Down HICP: https://www.healthcareitnews.com/video/examining-health-industry-cybersecurity-practices-law
- Cybersecurity Tips to Bolster your Organization: https://compliancecosmos.org/how-simplifying-your-it-environment-can-bolster-security?authkey=a6b53146812c527ab4c5aa07e7db78e723a071d93b3efc0b17765ca0e686f19c
- Passing a Spot Audit: https://compliancecosmos.org/preparing-pass-spot-audit-conducted-your-state-department-health?authkey=8932a12fc83536e0349257f39a2c1c51912467d364df481aa61ef3a9771cd56e